Humidifiers for Your Westchester Home
As their name implies, A humidifier adds moisture to the air in your home, and while you may not believe you need a humidifier, they can actually give your home several great benefits. From preventing illnesses to increasing your home’s energy efficiency, Westchester humidifiers can do a lot for you.
Small, portable models of humidifiers are available on the market and can be used in a single room at a time, while others are made to work throughout your entire home at all times. During the winter in Westchester, our air can become extremely dry, and adding moisture directly to your home’s air is more effective and efficient than any other option.
Portable vs. A Whole-Home Humidifier
A Portable humidifier does offer you some convenience—and, of course, they’re better than nothing—but they won’t offer the amount of control that a whole-home humidifier can. A Whole-home humidifier is installed directly within your HVAC system, so the air source (your duct system) can be infused with moisture as it’s distributed and circulated throughout your home.
Because a whole-home humidifier is direct components of your Westchester home’s heating system, you can use your thermostat to regulate the amount of moisture you want in your air, and you’ll be able to monitor moisture levels throughout the year.
At Premier Comfort, our Westchester air conditioning technicians are all licensed and professionally trained, so we’ll be able to handle the installation, maintenance, and any repairs that you need for your humidifier. We’ll make sure that your home’s air-moisture levels are comfortable and healthy throughout the year.
The Benefits of a Humidifier
There are more than a few great reasons to have a humidifier installed in your Westchester home’s HVAC system:
- Dry air can cause sore throats, itchy and cracked skin, and dry noses – It can also irritate and exacerbate asthmatic and allergenic symptoms. Humidifiers can help to relieve these symptoms or stop them from appearing at all.
- Dry air can also damage your property – Plaster, wood floors, paint, and furniture can be negatively affected by dray air. The same goes for artworks, electronics, and musical instruments. Whole-home humidifiers can help you protect your property and keep your valuables in excellent condition.
- Viruses can spread more easily in dry atmospheres – Making sure that home’s is moist during the winter months can help you decrease the spread of contagious illnesses and infections.
- Humid air is better at transmitting warmth – After your humidifier is installed, you’ll be able to keep your home warmer with your thermostat set at lower temperatures. The water vapor will be heated and help your system heat your Westchester home more efficiently. This can save you up to 4% on your heating bill per degree you lower thermostat.
- What to do When You Need Emergency AC Service
One of the worst things that can happen is having your air conditioner break down, especially during the peak of summer heat here in Westchester. The best way to prevent this from happening is to make sure that you schedule regular tune-up work. This enables an industry professional to keep an eye on possible problems…Read More
- How To Avoid High Heating Bills That Ruin Your Westchester Winter
Heating energy prices can result in an expensive winter for you and your family. As winter sets in, the bill payer in your household turns the heat down. The minute you turn your back, another family member promptly turns it back up. You look at them in their shorts and tank top and shake your…Read More