Humidifiers for Your Westchester Home
As their name implies, A humidifier adds moisture to the air in your home, and while you may not believe you need a humidifier, they can actually give your home several great benefits. From preventing illnesses to increasing your home’s energy efficiency, humidifiers can do a lot for your indoor air quality.
Small, portable models of humidifiers are available on the market and can be used in a single room at a time, while others are made to work throughout your entire home at all times. During the winter in Westchester, our air can become extremely dry, and adding moisture directly to your home’s air is more effective and efficient than any other option. If you have questions about making your home more comfortable then contact our Westchester HVAC company.
Portable vs. A Whole-Home Humidifier
A Portable humidifier does offer you some convenience—and, of course, they’re better than nothing—but they won’t offer the amount of control that a whole-home humidifier can. A Whole-home humidifier is installed directly within your HVAC system, so the air source (your duct system) can be infused with moisture as it’s distributed and circulated throughout your home.
Because a whole-home humidifier is direct components of your Westchester home’s heating system, you can use your thermostat to regulate the amount of moisture you want in your air, and you’ll be able to monitor moisture levels throughout the year.
At Premier Comfort, our Westchester air conditioning technicians are all licensed and professionally trained, so we’ll be able to handle the installation, maintenance, and any repairs that you need for your humidifier. We’ll make sure that your home’s air-moisture levels are comfortable and healthy throughout the year.
The Benefits of a Humidifier
There are more than a few great reasons to have a humidifier installed in your Westchester home’s HVAC system:
- Dry air can cause sore throats, itchy and cracked skin, and dry noses – It can also irritate and exacerbate asthmatic and allergenic symptoms. Humidifiers can help to relieve these symptoms or stop them from appearing at all.
- Dry air can also damage your property – Plaster, wood floors, paint, and furniture can be negatively affected by dray air. The same goes for artworks, electronics, and musical instruments. Whole-home humidifiers can help you protect your property and keep your valuables in excellent condition.
- Viruses can spread more easily in dry atmospheres – Making sure that home’s is moist during the winter months can help you decrease the spread of contagious illnesses and infections.
- Humid air is better at transmitting warmth – After your humidifier is installed, you’ll be able to keep your home warmer with your thermostat set at lower temperatures. The water vapor will be heated and help your system heat your Westchester home more efficiently. This can save you up to 4% on your heating bill per degree you lower thermostat.
- How to Tell If You Need Furnace Replacement in Westchester
Furnaces require frequent maintenance and repairs, and they need more attention than most of the appliances you use in your home. Keeping up with the maintenance that your furnace requires can be difficult for a lot of Westchester homeowners, and many end up waiting until there are larger problems before they ever call a professional…Read More
- How Poor Indoor Air Quality Can Affect Your Health
Over time, many factors can contribute to the decline in your home’s indoor air quality: pet fur, dust from outside, mold spores, etc. And as your home’s indoor air begins to contain these particulates, you could begin to experience a number of health problems, big and small. If your indoor air is causing you to…Read More